Market Intelligence Analyst
The Portland 水泥 Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, 研究, education, and market intelligence organization serving America's 水泥 manufacturers. PCA supports sustainability, innovation, and safety while fostering continuous improvement in 水泥 manufacturing, distribution, infrastructure, and economic growth.
Conducts various phases of economic 研究 projects which include collection, 分析, interpretation, and reporting of data in order to meet the information needs of the industry. This position will cross-train among many responsibilities in Market Intelligence and serve as support in addition to primary responsibilities.
- Maintain databases and generate regular monthly industry reports.
- Assist in special 研究 support on projects which often include surveys of decision-makers and industry experts and are frequently in conjunction with secondary data sources such as government statistics.
- Provide ongoing 指示板 assistance/maintenance and new concept integration.
- Liaise/support/train the intern for endeavors such as the yearbook and RPG model.
- Collaborate with Market Intelligence Group members and coordinate with other departments to leverage analytical and advocacy goals.
Evaluates and determines proper market 研究 methods to apply to various 研究 needs.
Problem solve to find efficient solutions to any reporting issues.
Recommend reports to members based on their needs.
Prioritizes personal workload in order to accommodate project deadlines.
Impact on Organization Mission, Vision, Strategies
Reports generated serve as the basis for industry 分析 and guidance as member companies rely on accurate reporting for strategic decision making. Market intelligence provides insights to understanding emerging market trends that will help advance the industry and favorably position it against competing materials, particularly in the context of PCA's climate change road map.
内部 and 外部 Communication
Market Intelligence 工作人员, Daily to weekly to discuss and plan reports, data, tactics, and 分析.
Communications/IT, Development 工作人员, Weekly to monthly/coordinate efforts to effectively leverage certain projects and maintain functional SQL databases.
PCA Member Companies ,Daily to weekly/fielding questions on specific PCA projects as well as data requests. Sending surveys to PCA members.
Government Agencies, Weekly to monthly/questions or requests regarding data for various projects.
Allied Industries, Monthly/sharing information in mutually beneficial situations. Fielding questions relating to PCA 研究.
Required Qualifications And Experience
- A 4-year college degree in economics, statistics, or related field.
- Well-developed statistical and analytical skills, as well as judgment and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with analytical and survey software, and accompanying reporting tools such as cross-tabulation and geographical presentations.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and related packages.
General office with less than 5% travel.
This position description describes the general nature of the position. The above information is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and cover every aspect of the position. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management at any time either in writing or verbally.
Equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to HRMailboxDC@水泥.org.